- Print and fill out the registration form and paperwork
(printed forms are available at Ashtanga Yoga Richmond)
- Leave your registration and deposit in the Costa Rica Retreat folder at Ashtanga Yoga Richmond or alternatively email Leigh about mailing them directly to her.
- Email Leigh to let her know you have registered.
- Get excited!
- Deposit: $ 450
This non-refundable deposit is due upon registration.
- Registration Deadline: April 23, 2019 (Extended to May 23)
* If places are still available, registration will stay open
- Full Payment must be received by April 23, 2019 (Extended to May 23)
* For Registration after 4/23 - payment is due in-full upon registration.
- Cancellation Policy: $500 of the payment is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- If we can fill your spot, the remaining portion of the full payment may be refundable up until the final payment deadline (5/23)
- In the case of extenuating circumstance that occur after the final payment deadline, if we can fill your spot, 50% of the remaining portion of your payment will be refunded up until 30 days prior to the retreat
- There are no refunds 30 days up to the retreat (5/23). No exceptions.
Paying it forward:
Consider contributing to another student attending through a scholarship donation. If interested please mark accordingly in the Financial Assistance section of the Registration Form.
$25 of the registration fee for non-discounted retreat packages will be donated to the Richmond non-profit Art180, where funds will go to providing free art lessons to Richmond youth in challenging circumstances. If you would like to learn more about Art180 and their mission visit:
If you would like to further contribute, make a donation under the Financial Aid section of the Registration Form or directly on their website.
Financial Assistance Options:
To apply for a partial scholarship, please email Leigh directly and mark accordingly in the Financial Assistance section of the registration form.
Scholarship will be awarded on an as needed basis as long as there are funds available. Scholarship recipients will have shared room accommodations.
To apply for the work-study position, please email Leigh directly and mark accordingly in the Financial Assistance section of the registration form.
A work-study position means part of your retreat package is paid for in exchange for performing specific duties before and during the retreat. Work-study recipients will have shared room accommodations.
Flights to Costa Rica:
- If looking for cheap flights, make sure to search flights from DC airports. Durham NC (RDU) flights are often direct and can be cheaper.
- US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days. (Either to return to your country or to go to another country). US passport must be valid for a minimum of one day from the day you enter Costa Rica.
Getting to Samara Beach:
- Cars or vans can be arranged for transport from San Jose Airport (SJO) which is about 4.5 hours by car or Liberia Airport (LIR), about 2 hours by car. The fees depend on number of passengers.
- There are buses that leave from SJO to Samara, which leave at 12pm or 5pm daily for $9 and take around 5 hours. Call and reserve a day in advance. If you are depending on this as transport check closer to departure to make sure times haven’t changed.
Once at Samara:
- You can rent bikes, a golf cart, or a quad for your stay.