Brinson Leigh Kresge
blk-style. hair design.
for a look that suits your style.
I am a certified professional hair stylist with over 15 years experience. I worked in upscale salons for 7 years in both Richmond, VA and Boston, MA. In 2006, I began working for myself, doing hair in Richmond; Boston; NY; Osaka, Japan: India; and various other locations in the US and abroad.
bodywork / energy work.
ayurveda yoga oil bodywork --
This unique bodywork combines the insight of Ayurveda and Yoga with traditional Asian and contemporary Western techniques (including my training and experience with Thai Bodywork and as a Reki level 1 certified practitioner) .
Ayurvedic Yoga Oil Bodywork is therapeutic in nature and can be beneficial as a series treatment or as a relaxing, detoxifying, and rejuvenating experience. The massage is done on a mattress on the floor where the massage practitioner uses his/her hands and feet in conjunction with pure sesame oil and Indian calamus powder to provide a deeper, more stimulating, and healing massage.
Calamus, the herbal powder used, is a great detoxifying herb which is anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating. It helps to bring out deep seated toxins from the muscles and lymph system. The massage strokes are strong, but gently preformed with long sweeping motions over the entire body that work to increase blood flow and Prana (vital life energy) while maintaining an integrated, whole body perspective. After these techniques have effectively warmed the body and relieved tension, Yoga stretches are done according to the need/condition of the recipient.
Highlights of the work:
- brings more Prana, vital energy to the body
- releases and removes toxins deep within the musculoskeletal system
- the series of stretches in conjunction with the massage techniques allow for better alignment and breathing
- relieves stress of daily life
- the body experiences more flexibility and energy flow
- it educates and encourages the body to maintain proper posture in day to day life
- in Ayur-yoga work the breathing can become deep and profound, aiding in the release of emotional holdings or blockages, and allowing a freer flow of vital energy in the mind and body.
- the combination of oil, herb, and yoga creates a balance in body elements; performed with a conscious touch, this massage can help tremendously in easing Vata imbalances and helping the nervous system to calm.
- it is grounding and counters Vata imbalances (windy/airy condition)
Drawing on my lifetime of movement and dance training, my knowledge of Yoga and Ayurveda, as well as experience with other healing modalities, I approach each Ayurvedic Yoga Oil Bodywork session with love, an open and compassionate heart, and with an intention of healing and balancing the body and mind.
I studied under and completed my course work for Ayurvedic Yoga Oil Massage with Sw. Anand Subbudha and Ma. Antar Sangeeta through Ayurveda Seed Massage in Goa, India.
(1 hour - $75, 1.5 hour-- $85, 2 hour--$100)
thai Bodywork --
Thai Bodywork is an hour and a half long healing session, during which the practitioner uses her palms, elbows and feet to compress muscles, stimulate acupressure points, adn gently stretch the body to relax, open, and literally decompress. The thai method traces and clears ten energy lines, which cover all of the muscle groups and organs, reaching every body system. Called the moving meditation, this intricate, fluide and intuitive cleansing series, promotes deep relaxation within the body and stillness withint the mind while alleviating all types of ailments and injuries, leaving you feeling calm and centered.
This session is given with the recipient clothed while lying on a mattress or thai massage mat on the floor.
I am qualified in the art and practice of Traditional Thai Bodywork in the Shicagokamrpaj/ Nit Lineage. I studied under and gained Thai Bodywork Level 1 qualfication from Damion Bond through her school Woven Body Healing Arts. My education took place in Thailand and Cambodia.
(1.5 hours - $85)